I am an AASW approved Mental Health Social Worker. I provide counselling for adolescents and adults who are experiencing mental health difficulties, or those seeking to better understand themselves.
I have been working with individuals and families for over 10 years. My approach is strongly influenced by attachment and trauma theories, and therefore relationship is seen as key in the therapeutic process. Currently training in Art Therapy, I offer creative interventions for clients who are interested, particularly using mindfulness-based drawing techniques.
Taking a client centred approach, I draw on training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Mindfulness based therapies, Art Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Who I work with
“Where you stumble, there you will find your treasure” – Joseph Cambell
I offer counselling to adolescents and adults experiencing difficulties including:
- Anxiety – including perfectionism, social anxiety and panic attacks.
- Depression – including lack of motivation, low self-esteem, feeling tearful and hopelessness.
- Loss – including death of a loved one, family separation and significant change.
- Trauma – including feeling numb, intrusive thoughts, nightmares and flashbacks, anxiety and difficulty concentrating.
- Suicidal ideation and self harm – including safety planning and managing overwhelming feelings
- Sexuality – including questioning identity and communicating with family members.
- Difficulties regulating emotions – including anger and distress.
- Making big life decisions.
- Managing important relationships.
- Pregnancy – I am accredited to provide non-directive perinatal counselling, eligible for a medicare rebate for 3 sessions.
Rates and other information
Standard rate: $130 Concession rate: $110
As an AASW approved Mental Health Social Worker I am eligible to provide medicare rebates.
To discuss how we might work together, please contact: